Membership Terms and conditions
1. When does my membership start?
Membership commences the day payment is processed by RHMC Staff (“Commencement Date”).
2. What if I change my mind?
You have 30 days from the Commencement Date to change your mind to receive a full refund of your membership fee, minus a $199 cancellation fee as described in section 16. After 30 days your membership is non-refundable.
To initiate a refund or return email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. What’s not included in a Regenerate Health membership?
- Supplements members choose not to purchase through Regenerate Health or other sources.
- The cost of laboratory tests.
- Many lab tests are covered fully or partially by your health insurance plan, however depending on your insurance some may not be covered at all, or may require a co-pay.
- Healthcare services other than those specified above, whether provided by Regenerate Health or others. Services provided other than by Regenerate Health, such as emergency and specialist care, will be billed to you or your insurance plan by those providers.
- Non-medical services recommended by Regenerate Health but provided by others, such as acupuncture and fitness classes.
- Medications whether prescribed or over-the-counter.
4. More on what it means to be a Member:
Please note that becoming a Member does not mean that you are an investor in or owner of Regenerate Health.
It simply means that you have purchased the set of services that come with a particular membership.
There is no penalty if you choose not to renew your membership.
5. Restrictions for virtual and distance members:
If Dr. ACE or another Regenerate Health physician does not meet and assess you in person, we cannot write you a prescription for a drug or medication other than natural supplements.
Otherwise we treat you as we treat all other Regenerate Health members. You have access to our advice as Naturopathic Doctors, use of the online patient portal and we can recommend lab tests and supplements for you based on the information you share with us.
6. What If I feel I need more visits with the doctor than my membership includes?
Option 1: If you don’t currently have our Regenerate Health Elite membership you may upgrade at any time by contacting us at email@example.com for an additional $300/month if you are a Vitality member or an additional $200/month if you are a Performance member to receive *Unlimited visits. This will provide you with unlimited visits.
Option 2: If you are a Vitality or Performance member and wish to purchase additional visits outside of your membership, you may also elect to purchase those visits a la carte at an hourly rate of $295. The cost per visit will depend on the amount of time spent with the physician and will be billed in fifteen (15) minute increments.
*Upgrading to the unlimited visit membership applies to the current membership year only. Unlimited Visits is defined as unlimited 15min consults.
7. What counts as a visit with Dr. ACE?
Initial in person visits are always scheduled for 90 minutes. Initial virtual visits are always scheduled for 90 minutes.
The first follow up visit regardless of location with Dr. ACE will be a minimum of 45 minutes and may be in person, via phone, or via video/telemedicine.
Additional visits will last anywhere from 15-60 minutes depending on the individual member’s needs. The length of time of the visit will be a joint decision between the member and Dr. ACE, and can be in person, via phone or via telemedicine/video.
Simple medical questions can be handled via the patient portal and non-medical questions can be addressed by Regenerate Health and staff.
8. Email etiquette
Any correspondence pertaining to a members medical treatment, must be done via the online patient portal (i.e. Charm or the then current EHR system). If a question or request is deemed by Dr. ACE or one of Regenerate Health’s staff to be too complicated or involved for us to respond via email, or they determine that your condition requires an in person exam or evaluation, they may, at their discretion, require that the member schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
9. Scheduling and canceling appointments
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance during normal Regenerate Health business hours and, although we will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, scheduling visits will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be subject to our team members’ individual availability.
- There is a 48-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr. ACE or any Regenerate Health team member. Canceling within 48-hours will result in a 50% of the cost of the visit charge to the credit card on file.
- No-shows: If you do not show up to a phone, video/telemedicine or in person appointment without notifying the specific person you have an appointment with via email or without changing the appointment using the online scheduling tool on the patient portal, you will be charged 50% of the cost of the visit to the card on file.
- We guarantee that we will have sufficient availability for you to schedule your provider sessions on a monthly basis. However, should your scheduling preferences not match our availability we are under no obligation to refund or extend your membership. If you have trouble scheduling a convenient visit, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to resolve the issue in a mutually satisfactory way.
10. We are not an insurance plan, do not take the place of a health insurance plan and are not contracted with any insurance plans
We advise all members to maintain a separate health insurance plan of their choosing. You should also note that the Affordable Care Act (commonly called “Obama Care”) includes a general requirement that all U.S. citizens purchase health insurance. A Parsley membership does not meet this requirement.
11. We are not your primary care physician
At Regenerate Health we offer functional medicine and while we may offer many services that are similar to those provided by a primary care physician, we do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement that you select a primary care physician in your network, as we do not participate with any insurance carriers. We also require that you have a primary care physician of record as we do not handle medical or mental health emergencies.
12. We are not specialists
If you need to see an OBGYN, a surgeon, or a cardiologist for example, you will be referred appropriately. The costs associated with the services provided by specialists or any other health care provider outside of Regenerate Health are not covered by your Regenerate Health membership.
13. We are not an emergency or urgent care center and we are not available 24-hours per day
Our availability is during normal working hours and your ability to reach us or access our services at any given time may be limited. If you require urgent care you should immediately call 911 or contact an emergency care provider such as a local hospital or emergency room. The costs associated with emergency care services are not covered by your Regenerate Health membership.
14. We do not bill insurance companies
- The cost of any services provided by Regenerate Health which are not included in the membership fee will be required at the time of service.
- Non-Regenerate Health medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a member’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
- Regenerate Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
- Upon your request we will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
15. About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Regenerate Health physician will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Regenerate Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Regenerate Health physician and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing, amongst others.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Regenerate Health physician.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Regenerate Health, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed. This is not included in your membership fee.
- Specimens: As a member you are not charged anything to have your lab specimen (blood only) collected by our staff at the Regenerate Health office(s). You may also elect to have your specimen collected at a local collection center of your choice such as a LabCorp facility, in which case we will provide you with the documentation you need via the patient portal.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for bloodwork done at a particular lab facility like LabCorp, you must inform us of this in advance of having bloodwork done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs. However, specialty labs with cutting-edge diagnostics may not be covered.
16. Membership Cancellation Policy:
You have 30 days from the Commencement Date to change your mind to receive a full refund of your membership fee, minus a $199 cancellation fee. After 30 days your membership is non-refundable. Interruptions in the availability of, or access to Regenerate Health’s services or interruptions due to circumstances outside of Regenerate Health’s control will not create a right to cancel your membership or request a refund/credit.
17. Your Regenerate Health membership is personal to you…
…and may not be shared, assigned or transferred to anyone else even if you are not using it. Regenerate Health DOES offer employers the opportunity to provide Regenerate Health’s services to their employees on a discounted group basis. For more information on this, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
18. Where we are
Regenerate Health’s services are available at our Santa Barbara office, located at 1933 Cliff Dr. #27B Santa Barbara, CA 93109, and, of course, remotely via phone, video (telemedicine), the web and email as noted above.
19. Before your first visit
Prior to your first scheduled visit with Regenerate Health you will be required to provide medical and health background information and sign certain releases/authorizations and other documents regarding the care to be provided by Regenerate Health and your personal information via our electronic patient portal. You will not be able to access our medical care services until this paperwork is completed as required. Instructions for completion of this paperwork will be provided separately.
To officially become a Member of Regenerate Health please indicate your agreement with the terms described above by signing below.
This action will create a contract between you (“Member”) and Regenerate Health (“RHMC”) which may only be amended or supplemented in writing signed by Member and RHMC. You will become a Regenerate Health member when you receive written notification from our office following our receipt of your electronically signed and/or paper signed copy or both, of this agreement, your membership fee payment and any additional information we may request.
Please note that this is a non-cancellable 12 month contract that will continue on subsequent successive like terms, unless not less than 30 days prior to the end of any non-cancellable 12 month term, Member or RHMC provides notice in writing of their desire to not renew.