Dealing with chronic pain and want to regain function? Prolotherapy is a natural, safe and effective treatment for chronic pain and arthritis that does not involve surgery or drugs and has minimal down time. Prolotherapy uses the body’s natural healing ability to relieve chronic pain, strengthen injured tissues, and restore function. With Prolotherapy, your pain is NOT covered up. Your injury and source of pain is healed. Common conditions treated include: sciatica, back pain, meniscal tears, tendinopathy, sprained ligaments, neck pain, rotator cuff, golfer/tennis elbow, wrist/thumb arthritis, TMJ pain, and foot/heel pain.
How does Prolotherapy work?
Prolotherapy is a great treatment if you have an injury that just won’t heal in a timely fashion or long term degenerated joints that ache and feel unstable. You don’t have to live with pain!
Bone on bone knee, joint space narrowing
Cartilage has been regenerated and joint space restored
Do you qualify for a non-surgical solution to your pain?
Please click on the survey button to see if you qualify for a non-surgical solution to your pain.
After completing this survey, the doctor will review it and schedule a free 15 minute phone consult with you to answer any questions you may have and explain treatment options. Dr. ACE focuses on treating the root cause of your pain versus only managing the symptoms.
Common Conditions Treated with Prolotherapy
- Degenerative joint disease
- Sports injuries
- Sprains & ligament injuries
- Ligament laxity, joint instability & hyper mobility
- Over-Manipulation Syndrome
- Low back pain & sciatica
- Hip Pain – arthritis, bursitis, labrum lesions
- Knee pain – meniscal, ACL, MCL, LCL tears
- Chondromalacia patella
- Foot & ankle pain – plantar fasciitis, sprains, Morton’s neuroma
- Neck pain – whiplash, headache, migraines
- Shoulder pain – rotator cuff, glenoid labrum tears
- Elbow pain – golfer’s & tennis elbow
- Wrist pain – carpal tunnel, weak or sore wrists
- Hand – thumb & finger pain
- Many of these types of conditions may do better with PRP, the doctor will advise you on the best course of treatment at your first visit.
Conditions that do not respond favorably to Prolotherapy:
- Chronic myofascial pain syndromes
- Severely herniated discs
- Central Spinal Stenosis
- Complete Rotator Cuff Tears
- Frank Surgical Conditions
- Pain from Cancer
- Pain from Autoimmune Conditions
More information about Prolotherapy
The treatment was first developed in the 1930s by a surgeon, Dr. Earl Gedney, who injured his own thumb. It is designed to treat musculoskeletal injuries at their root cause – damaged ligaments, tendons and/or cartilage. Soon after, doctors Hackett and Hemwall refined the treatment and dedicated their lives to prolotherapy. Today it is considered a first line therapy for many physicians, including Dr. ACE, for long-term resolution of pain.