Care Programs Terms and conditions
1. When does my care program start?
Your program commences the day payment is processed by RHMC Staff (“Commencement Date”).
2. What if I change my mind?
You have 30 days from the Commencement Date to change your mind to receive a full refund of your program fee, minus the retail cost of any services or products received plus a $199 cancellation fee as described in section 16. After 30 days your program is non-refundable.
To initiate a refund or return email email@example.com
3. What’s not included in a Regenerate Health Care Program?
- Supplements patients choose not to purchase through Regenerate Health or other sources.
- The cost of laboratory tests.
- Many lab tests are covered fully or partially by your health insurance plan, however depending on your insurance some may not be covered at all, or may require a co-pay.
- Healthcare services other than those specified above, whether provided by Regenerate Health or others. Services provided other than by Regenerate Health, such as emergency and specialist care, will be billed to you or your insurance plan by those providers.
- Non-medical services recommended by Regenerate Health but provided by others, such as acupuncture and fitness coaching.
- Medications whether prescribed or over-the-counter.
4. More on what it means to be in a care program:
Please note that purchasing a care program does not mean that you are an investor in or owner of Regenerate Health.
It simply means that you have purchased the set of services that come with a particular program.
There is no penalty if you choose not to renew your program.
5. Restrictions for virtual and distance program participants:
If Dr. ACE or another Regenerate Health Doctor does not meet and assess you in person, we cannot write you a prescription for a drug or medication other than natural supplements.
Otherwise we treat you as we treat all other Regenerate Health program participants. You have access to our advice as Naturopathic Doctors, use of the online patient portal and we can recommend lab tests and supplements for you based on the information you share with us.
6. What If I feel I need more visits with the doctor than my program includes?
Option 1: If you are not currently enrolled in our Regenerate Health Comprehensive Elite program, you may upgrade at any time within your membership year by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org to pay the difference in total cost from your initial investment. This will allow you to receive *Unlimited visits.
Option 2: If you wish to purchase additional visits outside of your program, you may also elect to purchase those visits a la carte at the Doctor’s hourly rate. The cost per visit will depend on the amount of time spent with the Doctor and will be billed in fifteen (15) minute increments. Please note that if you are an Elite program participant, your *Unlimited visits do not take the place of your regular follow ups with the Doctor and should you run out of all of your Program visits, additional visits at the a la carte rate may be needed.
*Upgrading to the unlimited visit program applies to the current program year only. Unlimited Visits are defined as unlimited 15min Acute Visits.
7. What counts as a visit with the Doctor?
Initial in person and telemedicine visits are always scheduled for 90 minutes.
The first follow up visit regardless of location with the Doctor will be a minimum of 45 minutes and may be in person, via phone, or via video/telemedicine.
Additional visits will last anywhere from 15-60 minutes depending on the individual program participant’s needs. The length of time of the visit will be a joint decision between the program participant and the Doctor, and can be in person, via phone or via telemedicine/video.
Simple medical questions can be handled via the patient portal and non-medical questions can be addressed by Regenerate Health and staff.
8. Email etiquette
Any correspondence pertaining to a program participant’s medical treatment, must be done via the online patient portal (i.e. Charm or the then current EHR system). If a question or request is deemed by the Doctor or one of Regenerate Health’s staff to be too complicated or involved for us to respond via email, or they determine that your condition requires an in person exam or evaluation, they may, at their discretion, require that the program participant schedule a phone, telemedicine or in person visit instead of responding via email.
9. Scheduling and canceling appointments
- Appointments must be scheduled in advance during normal Regenerate Health business hours and, although we will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, scheduling visits will be on a first-come, first-serve basis and will be subject to our team members’ individual availability.
- There is a 48-hour cancellation policy for all appointments with Dr. ACE or any Regenerate Health team member. Canceling within 48-hours or appointment no-shows will result in a deduction of a Program visit or 50% of the cost of the service charged to the credit card on file.
- We guarantee that we will have sufficient availability to accommodate your recommended visits. However, should your scheduling preferences not match our availability we are under no obligation to refund or extend your care program. If you have trouble scheduling a convenient visit, contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to resolve the issue in a mutually satisfactory way.
10. We are not an insurance plan, do not take the place of a health insurance plan and are not contracted with any insurance plans
We advise all program participants to maintain a separate health insurance plan of their choosing.
11. We are not your primary care physician
At Regenerate Health we offer functional medicine and while we may offer many services that are similar to those provided by a primary care physician, we do not fulfill an insurance company’s requirement that you select a primary care physician in your network, as we do not participate with any insurance carriers. We also require that you have a primary care physician of record as we do not handle medical or mental health emergencies.
12. We are not specialists
If you need to see an OBGYN, a surgeon, or a cardiologist for example, you will be referred appropriately. The costs associated with the services provided by specialists or any other health care provider outside of Regenerate Health are not covered by your Regenerate Health Care Program.
13. We are not an emergency or urgent care center and we are not available 24-hours per day
Our availability is during normal working hours and your ability to reach us or access our services at any given time may be limited. If you require urgent care you should immediately call 911 or contact an emergency care provider such as a local hospital or emergency room. The costs associated with emergency care services are not covered by your Regenerate Health Care Program.
14. We do not bill insurance companies
- The cost of any services provided by Regenerate Health which are not included in the program’s cost will be required at the time of service.
- Non-Regenerate Health medical expenses such as lab tests and prescription medications may be covered by a participant’s health insurance plan per that plan’s rules.
- Regenerate Health will not submit a medical claim to insurance on your behalf. We cannot assist you with claim resolution for our services.
- Upon your request we will provide you with a detailed billing summary that you may submit to your insurance for reimbursement. There may be procedures or lab tests that are not covered depending on your plan’s rules.
15. About Lab Tests
- Most lab tests ordered by a Regenerate Health Doctor will be billed directly to your insurance by the lab.
- Some lab tests we offer as part of our functional medicine testing program may not be covered by insurance and in these cases you will be charged a fee for a particular test by the lab or through Regenerate Health.
- The specific tests ordered will be personalized to you based on your initial evaluation with a Regenerate Health Doctor and may include blood, saliva, urine or stool testing, amongst others.
- We will make every effort to make you fully aware of any additional lab fees that may be incurred and to give you the opportunity to choose which lab tests you feel comfortable paying for.
- You are under no obligation to purchase any specialty testing.
- Should any lab results indicate you may need further testing you will be directed to continue your care with your primary care physician or a relevant specialist, or should you choose you may continue to work with your Regenerate Health Doctor.
- At home test kits: If a lab test kit is mailed to you by Regenerate Health, you will be charged the day the kit is mailed. This is not included in your program fee.
- Specimens: As a program participant you are not charged anything to have your lab specimen (blood only) collected by our staff at the Regenerate Health office(s). You may also elect to have your specimen collected at a local collection center of your choice such as a Quest facility, in which case we will provide you with the documentation you need via the patient portal.
- If your particular insurance company only pays for bloodwork done at a particular lab facility like Quest, you must inform us of this in advance of having bloodwork done. Most insurance plans cover labs done by major national labs. However, specialty labs with cutting-edge diagnostics may not be covered.
16. Care Program Cancellation Policy:
You have 30 days from the Commencement Date to change your mind to receive a full refund of your program fee, minus the retail cost of any services or products received plus a $199 cancellation fee. After 30 days your program is non-refundable. Interruptions in the availability of, or access to Regenerate Health’s services or interruptions due to circumstances outside of Regenerate Health’s control will not create a right to cancel your care program or request a refund/credit.
17. Your Regenerate Health Care Program is personal to you…
…and may not be shared, assigned or transferred to anyone else even if you are not using it. Regenerate Health DOES offer employers the opportunity to provide Regenerate Health’s services to their employees on a discounted group basis. For more information on this, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
18. Where we are
Regenerate Health’s services are available at our Santa Barbara office, located at 1933 Cliff Dr. #27B Santa Barbara, CA 93109, and, of course, remotely via phone, video (telemedicine), the web and email as noted above.
19. Before your first visit
Prior to your first scheduled visit with Regenerate Health you will be required to provide medical and health background information and sign certain releases/authorizations and other documents regarding the care to be provided by Regenerate Health and your personal information via our electronic patient portal. You will not be able to access our medical care services until these electronic forms are completed as required. Instructions for completion will be provided separately.
To officially become a participant of your Care Program with Regenerate Health please indicate your agreement with the terms described above by signing below.
This action will create a contract between you (“Care Program Participant” aka “Participant”) and Regenerate Health (“RHMC”) which may only be amended or supplemented in writing signed by Participant and RHMC. You will become a Participant when you receive written notification from our office following our receipt of your electronically signed and/or paper signed copy or both, of this agreement, your care program investment payment and any additional information we may request.
Please note that this is a non-cancellable 12 month contract that will continue on subsequent successive like terms, unless not less than 30 days prior to the end of any non-cancellable 12 month term, Participant or RHMC provides notice in writing of their desire to not renew. A separate payment agreement will be signed to acknowledge the payment terms.