Many Americans don’t have the energy they would like. Why?
Energy is influenced by a plethora of things from sleep to diet to hormones, adrenals, the immune system and more. Diving deeper into these causes could take days (or a simple visit with your Naturopathic Doctor to create the right plan for you!), so here I will offer some simple strategies and habits you can implement today to boost your energy levels naturally.
- FEED your body with a proper healthy diet focusing on sufficient protein intake (0.8-1.0 g/kg body weight), lots of vitamins and minerals and avoiding blood sugar crashes from excess sugars and carbohydrates. If you do eat carbs, (which is totally fine!) aim to include whole grains, which have more fiber to keep you full, longer.
- We aim to fill our bodies with sufficient micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) from our diet, but key nutrients are often destroyed in food processing. For this reason sometimes we recommend a multi-vitamin/mineral SUPPLEMENTATION to replete deficient nutrients. Other supplements can also be necessary to support the body’s energy levels, however these are quite individualized to address underlying causes of disease and require a naturopathic doctor’s guidance.
- HYDRATE. Too much caffeine is dehydrating and can impact adrenal health and cortisol levels, thus leading to decreased adaptability to stress over a prolonged time. To avoid this, we want to decrease our reliance on coffee/caffeine and replace it with water to re-hydrate and re-energize the body. This also helps correct any electrolyte imbalances that may be present.
- MOVE your body! We all sit for too long nowadays, which besides making us more sedentary in general, it also increases pain and stiffness in our neck and back. I suggest standing up for 10 minutes at a time throughout your workday and taking a walk outside to get some sunshine (Vitamin D!) and fresh air to increase energy. Another idea is to start your day with movement, whether it be a quick walk before you shower in the morning or a full workout at the gym. Just find something that works for you to get your blood moving, which naturally stimulates cortisol to get you revved for the day.
- Regular SLEEP. We are constantly trying to find more time in the day to get more done, so sleep is often sacrificed. But it’s one of the most important parts of our day! Sleep energizes and heals the body allowing for the immune system to reset, our muscles to grow and our brain to relax and rejuvenate. Numerous studies show optimal health comes with 7-9 hours sleep every night. If you have trouble falling asleep or staying asleep, RHMC’s Detox Program could help reset your circadian rhythm!
- Follow your PURPOSE. Purpose is one of humans’ basic needs. Doing what we love gives us energy while doing things we don’t want to do is exhausting. I encourage you to find something you love and pursue it, whether it be surfing, cooking, traveling, etc., find something that fills you up on a daily basis because that is what will give you pure passion and vitality to live your best life.
You have the power within yourself to heal and create energy. We give you the road map and resources to be successful, YOU do the healing!
If you’re feeling low on energy and can’t figure out why, we have your answer! Take your no risk next step to better health and book your FREE Discovery Call Today! <— Click Here